Saturday, January 05, 2019

Just to share with you my experiences of contacting the USA Schulz Museum about the possibility of organizing an "in-depth" Schulz exhibition in Hong Kong:

Dear See-yan,
Thank you for your interest in bringing Peanuts to Hong Kong and I’m so glad you were able to see the recent exhibitions. I think you’re right and there is interest in “in-depth” exhibitions.

We have some nice exhibitions currently available that are reproductions: https://schulzmuseum.org/explore/traveling-exhibitions/rent-a-traveling-exhibit/
Please let me know if you would like more information. "Heartbreak in Peanuts" went to Korea a few years ago and it was enjoyed very much.

As far as an exhibition of original comic strips, I currently do not have one available for touring.  It’s something we are discussing, but it wouldn’t be possible for a few more years. I am happy to contact you and let you know when and if it’s possible.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions.
I wish you all the best this next year!

Sincerely,
Natasha Cochran
Traveling Exhibitions Manager
Charles M. Schulz Museum
p. 707-284-1284

I browsed the website. We don't need GBG Hong Kong to approve, but the problem is that it is expensive. The fee is as follows.
Non-Profit Rental Fee US$10,000 + inbound shipping (call for commercial rates)
Booking Period 12 weeks
Contents 38 framed reproductions of original Peanuts strips, photographs, a selection of themed objects and ephemera, 2 animation film clips, text and graphic panels, object labels, and access to media/graphic images
Size 1,500 to 2,000 sq. ft. recommended (170 linear feet)
Shipping Crates 6 crates
Insurance Value US$18,285
And we have to find the venue ourselves (i.e. booking fee of the venue is NOT included.)

But I still have a dream of organizing such an exhibition, using the name of our Club with you in the future.

So, let's keep this information in our mind first and plan for it.

Thank you for reading such a long message from me.

No comments: